Teen Acting Rata 102
Refine your acting technique in this advanced class for teens.
Rata 102 offers students who are committed to learning and improving their craft a space to take their acting abilities to the next level. In this class students will focus on a range of acting techniques for stage and screen.
- Screen Auditions – mock casting room experience.
- Analysing and annotating scripts
- Cold reads
- Reflection and Critique.
- Body and movement
- The sensual actor ( awakening our senses)
- Visualise the realness of an imagined environment without breaking character
- Utilise the actors imagination- don’t lose sight of the internal
- Bring real life details into every role
- Focus on characters goals – what they want and why it matters
- Create compelling, complex characters
About Tess Jamieson-Karaha
Tess Jamieson-Karaha grew up in Eastbourne and received her Bachelor of Acting at Toi Whakaari:NZ Drama School in 2010.
Her recent film work includes ‘Dandelion’ , TVNZ’s ‘Mistress Mercy’ , ‘ Apple TV’s ‘Mr Corman’, Catherine ‘Births, Deaths and Marriages’. Her recent theatre work includes ‘ Peer Gynt’ and ‘My name is Gary Cooper’.
She has a passion for wellbeing and is an ‘iHeart'( innate health education and resilience training) facilitator.
She also writes and teaches the Screen Acting course at Whitireia and is now the Arts Co-ordinator at Scots College.
Tess frequently reads for the Ready to Read and School Journal audio books as well.