A continuation of Programming with Python 1, students will continue working on their games. In Term 3 students will learn how to simulate gravity, spawn platforms, scroll the screen, create a scoring system and more!
This course may occasionally require outside work to prepare for the next session.
Timetable and Enrolment
- Start: Wednesday 2 August 2017
Finish: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Wednesdays 4.00pm - 5.30pmTiming
- Creative and Performing Arts Centre (CPAC), GR2Location
- Jess WeichlerTeacher
- Girls and boys aged 11-14 yearsTarget Market
- Pre-requisite: Students must have completed Programming with Python 1. This course may occasionally require outside work to prepare for the next session. It is recommended students install Python3 (https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.1/python-3.6.1-amd64.exe) , P, and GitHub Desktop (https://desktop.github.com/)) on their home computer. To install PyGame complete these steps: 1. Click on the Start menu, type “cmd” to search 2. Open the Command Prompt (cmd) 3. When the command prompt appears type: python -m pip install pygameRequirements
- $165 for Term 3 (8 weeks)Price/Student (incl GST)
About Jess Weichler
Jess Weichler is a media arts educator at the MakerBox.
Ever since childhood she has been creating digital worlds through game design. Aside from a few lessons learnt from her 8-year old students, she is self-taught in the Scratch programming language, the Processing java subset, and a robotic Hummingbird micro-controller. She has taught these skills since 2012, and her courses are still in use both locally and abroad in the United States.