Each student will leave the course with their own bespoke light up tree-topper, greeting card, and laser cut ornament.
Students will learn the art of time management and creative planning as well as basic painting techniques to make their creations look more realistic.
Students will be primarily working with paper mache and water-based paints and glues.
There is the option to use metallic powders in water-based polyurethanes, students with sensitive skin may need to wear gloves.
Students will also learn how to use a soldering iron and laser cutter under instructor supervision. Appropriate eye-protection will be worn during both these activities and students will be walked through safety protocols for using these tools. The soldering iron will only be used by one child at a time.
Other available materials include foils, beads, wire, wood, and other decorative materials.
Students should wear clothes that can get paint on or bring an apron.
Timetable and Enrolment
- Start: Monday 18 December 2017
Finish: Wednesday 20 December 2017
3 days Monday-Wednesday 9am-3pm each day.Timing
- Scots College Creative and Performing Arts Centre, Art and Graphics roomsLocation
- Girls and Boys aged 10-13 yearsTarget Market
- Come prepared to get messy and please bring an apron or old TshirtRequirements
- $260 (incl GST) included all course materials.Price/Student (incl GST)
- New EnrolmentEnrolment