Policies & Procedures
Fee Policies and Procedures.
- Fees are payable at the time of enrolment. Failure to pay fees may result in the loss of the enrolment.
- No discount applies for missed classes following either enrolment or the attendance of any class.
Refund Policies and Procedures.
- After commencement of classes, no refund will be given to students unless the class is cancelled for the entirety of the term, by Rata Studios management.
- If a tutor is ill and unable to teach a class, you will be contacted and we will endeavour to schedule a make-up class. We will always try and find a replacement tutor in the first instance, but if this is not possible, a refund for the cancelled class will be provided.
- Communication of class cancellations or any other information required by the students, will be made directly by Rata Studios Manager, Jackie James. It is the responsibility of the students/caregiver to ensure that the Rata Studio Manager has your current contact details.
Health, Safety, Injury & Medical Conditions Policies and Procedures.
- Rata Studios takes all practical steps to ensure the safety of all individuals who participate in our courses. Any injury sustained through misconduct or inappropriate behaviour is the responsibility of the individual.
- Rata Studios will aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce the risk of injury.
- Please note that dance and drama, by its very nature, carries a risk of injury or accident.
- Rata Studios provides qualified and experienced tutors, who actively promote safe practice.
- All Rata Studios tutors have been vetted by the NZ Police as required by law under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014.
- It is the student’s parents/caregivers responsibility to notify the tutor or Manager in the event of injury/medical condition prior to class.
- A first aid kit is available in the Rata Studios Manager’s office. We do not provide anyone with Paracetamol or equivalent or administer student’s medication.
- Rata Studios students are under supervision whilst in class time only. Whilst we endeavour to provide a safe environment, tutors and staff cannot be responsible for students outside their allocated class time.
- In the event of an emergency all participants are required to follow the instructions of the Rata Studios Manager, or the Rata Studios tutor running the course at the time.
Student Behaviour, Attendance and Punctuality.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the class they are enrolled in.
- No student has the right to disrupt the learning of others and if they choose to act outside of the established expectations, they will be asked to sit out and parents contacted, if applicable. If the behaviour continues to be disruptive then the enrolment will be withdrawn and any remaining fee refunded.
- No gum, or food is to be consumed in the teaching spaces, however students are encouraged to bring a water bottle.
- It is expected that students’ mobile phones are turned off and put away during the classes.
- It is expected that students arrive 5 mins before the class begins, to enable the class to start on time, without interruption. If students are running late, they are expected to excuse themselves and enter the teaching space quietly.
- If a student is unable to attend a class for any reason, it is essential that the Rata Studios Manager is contacted as soon as possible via email or text.
- Parents/caregivers are not permitted to observe the classes in action. Tutors may, from time to time invite parents to view 5 mins at the end of a class, if applicable.
- Sometimes we hold informal showings or performances which parents/caregivers are invited to.
Photography, Recording and Filming of Students.
- Photography, recording or filming of students in class and at concerts, if applicable, is permitted only if agreed to by all parties.
- Upon enrolment, Rata Studios collects personal information about you. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you are entitled to have access to and request correction of this information. It is held at the Rata Studios premises at Scots College, Monorgan Rd Strathmore, Wellington. This information may be shared with Rata Studios tutors,in the event of an emergency for contact purposes only.
- Personal details will only be used by Rata Studios and will not be sold to any third party at any stage. We may disclose personal information that we collect and retain about you to third parties but only to which you have consented, or when we are required to do so by law.
- Email addresses are automatically entered onto Mailchimp emailing list of the course/s enrolled in, as well as the All Contacts list for the purposes of group communication. Participants are free to unsubscribe from either of these lists should they no longer wish to receive email updates and communications.